The palace commercial for the chewing gum Happydent that was created by Prasoon Joshi has been named one among the 20 best advertisements of the 21st century. As per a public poll conducted by the global index of creative excellence in the advertising industry, Gunn Report, the ad for Happydent is one of the top 20 ads.
The palace commercial for the chewing gum, Happydent shows people illuminating a palace with their shiny teeth as they chew the Happydent gum. This chewing gum is a product from Perfetti. The ad was conceptualized by Prasoon Joshi, the CEO and Chairman (Asia Pacific) of McCann Worldgroup India in 2008. He stated that conceptualizing and writing the ad for Happydent will stay special for him always.
The global CEO of Perfetti, Sameer Suneja, was quite bold to execute this idea that would have seemed to be absurd to many others, he added. He also thanked Ram Madhwani, the Happydent advertisement’s director to have partnered with him for the making of the same, and Anirban Sen led creative team of McCann and Manoj Shroff led Equinox team.
Talking about the public poll that was conducted by Gunn Report, the website revealed that 1,754 advertising experts were given ten votes each and they were to vote for a reel of 30 commercials that were selected.
Below, we have listed the list of 20 best ads and the advertising agencies. These ads have been taken from 2000 to 2015.
- “Dads in Briefs” for BGH Silent Aircon by Del Campo Saatchi & Saatchi, Buenos Aires
- “Wassup/True” for Budweiser by DDB, Chicago
- “Gorilla” for Cadbury’s Dairy Milk by Fallon, London
- “Closet” for Canal+ by BETC Euro RSCG, Paris
- “The Bear” for Canal+ by BETC Euro RSCG, Paris
- “Back to the Start” for Chipotle by Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles
- “Evolution” for Dove Self Esteem Fund by Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto
- “noitulove” for Guinness by Abbott, Mead, Vickers, BBDO, London
- “Happy Dent Palace” for Happy Dent Teeth Whitening Gum by McCann Erickson, Mumbai
- “Cog” for Honda by Wieden & Kennedy, London
- “Grrr” for Honda by Wieden & Kennedy, London
- “Bear” for John West Salmon by Leo Burnett, London
- “Dumb Ways to Die” for Metro Trains by McCann, Melbourne
- “Tag” for Nike by Wieden & Kennedy, Portland
- “Write The Future” for Nike by Wieden & Kennedy, Amsterdam
- “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like” for Old Spice by Wieden & Kennedy, Portland
- “The Sculptor” for Peugeot 206 by Euro RSCG MCM, Milan
- “Balls” for Sony Bravia LCD TV by Fallon, London
- “Kids On Steps” for Volkswagen Golf DSG by DDB, Berlin
- “Epic Split” for Volvo Trucks by Forsman & Bodenfors, Gothenburg