An effective way to set objectives is to follow the SMART technique. This is one of the most popular methodology used for setting objectives.
- Specific – Be clear on specific goals to achieve
- Measurable – Quantify the objectives
- Achievable – Is the objective achievable?
- Realistic – Before setting deadline for an objective, firm must think on its feasibility, in terms of resources, competitors, and market share.
- Timed – Be sure on the time by which the objective can be achieved
Organizations usually follow SMART Objectives for ensuring business success.
Read this article on Example of a Smart Objective for a Marketing Plan