Sundai Pichai has been appointed the New Google CEO by the founders of the company Sergey Brin and Larry Page. In a blog post, Page announced the creation of Alphabet, the new parent company. Page will be the CEO and Sergey Brin will be the President of this company.
Regarding the same, Larry Page stated that the company is operating well and that they are planning to make it more accountable and cleaner. They are Alphabet, a new company. He also stated their roles in the company.
Talking about the New Google CEO Sundar Pichai, the 43 year old Indian, he is native of Chennai and is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur. Later, he attended Stanford and Wharton as well. If you do not know much about the new Google CEO, you can have a look at ten things detailed below about him.
- First, Sundar Pichai was born in the year 1972 to an electrical engineer, who worked with a British company GEC.
- He headed the high school cricket team as the capital and led the team to win the regional cricket tournament of Tamil Nadu.
- He completed his graduation from IIT Kharagpur with a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree in the Metallurgical Engineering stream. He also holds a M.S. degree from Stanford University and MBA degree from Whatron School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Sundar Pichai worked in Applied Materials in the engineering and product management department. He also worked at McKinsey & Company in management consulting.
- In 2004, Pichai joined Google. He led the company’s product management as well as innovation efforts for a set of client software products of Google.
- Later, he went to supervise the development of applications such as Google Maps and Gmail.
- Then, Sundar Pichai added Android to the list of Google products.
- He also served as a member of the Ruba Inc.’s Board of Advisors.
- Pichai also joined served as the director of Jive Software.
- Initially, he was appointed as the Product Chief by Larry Page. Now, he is the new Google CEO.