May 28, 2014: The new look Corolla Altis from Toyota which we saw in Indian Auto Expo earlier has been released in Indian market at a price tag of around Rs 11.99 lakh. The Petrol variants of the model costs in the range between Rs. 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, where as the diesel models have a price range of Rs. 13.07 lakh to Rs. 16.69 lakh. As you can see it is a consider price range difference between the base and higher end models.
The new Corolla Altis model has the same engine as its predecessor, 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine with no change in the maximum power output. However there are new additions to some of its exterior and interior features.
What is new in this Corolla Altis model?
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- Alloy wheels -16 inch
- New radiator grille
- Reclining mode rear seats
- 7 inch LCD touchscreen guided navigation
- Newly designed and illuminated Optitron meter
- Leather steering wheel having Bluetooth control
- 8-way adjustable drivers seat
- Reading lamp
- Chrome plated inside door handle
- Reverse camera with sensor support
- Auto rain sensing wipers
- Steering wheel angle changed to 22 degree from 24 degree
- Height lowered by 5 mm for better aerdynamic
- Increased legroom for rear seats, etc
It seems there is a lot of value add in terms of new features and enhancements that have been made to the new Corolla Altis model.