ICICI Bank has remodeled its state-of-the-art banking app, iMobile, into an app that provides payments and banking services to customers of any bank. The ‘iMobile Pay’, will provide a unique combination of facilities of a payment app with instant banking services namely savings account, investments, loans, credit cards, gift cards, travel cards, etc. It permits customers to pay to any UPI (Unified Payments Interface) ID or merchants, pay bills, and do online recharges. Through iMobile Pay, users can transfer money to any bank account, a payment app, and digital wallet. It also enables users to automatically see the UPI ID network of any payments app or digital wallet through its ‘pay to contacts’ feature.
Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank said that customers of any bank can experience the speed and safety of the bank’s mobile banking app. By linking all their bank accounts to the app the customers can continue to bank with any bank and still use ‘iMobile Pay’. It also offers a unique benefit of payment and banking apps in one single place.
To get started an account on ‘iMobile Pay’, customers of any bank in the country can download the app, then link their bank accounts and generate a UPI ID to avail all the facilities.
The main features of ‘iMobile Pay’ are:
- Open for all: ‘iMobile Pay’ can be accessed by anyone in the country by downloading the app and can experience speed and security.
- Acts like payment app: It permits customers to scan a QR code of any payments app and send money to any bank account, UPI ID. Also allowing the user to make payments at a host establishment including petrol pumps, grocery stores, etc.
- Offers Banking Services: It allows customers to open an ICICI Bank savings account digitally.
- Allow users to link multiple bank accounts: Customers can transact using any of the linked accounts with a single UPI ID generated at the time of linking the first account.
- Additional features coming soon: Exciting new features would be unveiled for users soon, which include utility bills payment, recharge mobile phones, check CIBIL score, invest in an FD, RD, mutual funds and insurances, and book travel tickets. The customers will also get a feature of a spends tracker, that will provide an overview of spends, with all transactions are bucketed into particular categories, to help them track their balances.