- Embrace the Thai wellbeing philosophy of ‘sabai’ and celebrate the Thai New Year with Airbnb’s ultimate wellness getaway
- One winner and their companion will enjoy three unique Airbnb Stays and Airbnb Experiences across Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket – domestic flights included*
15 March 2023, Bangalore: This Songkran, Airbnb invites you to explore Thailand and discover the unique Thai philosophy of ‘sabai’ – an overall sense of relaxation, contentment and comfort encompassing the ideal Thai way of life.
Airbnb’s Sabai Sabbatical contest offers one winner from India and their companion the opportunity to rest, rejuvenate and reconnect, through an incredible nine-day journey of wellness and self-discovery across the country.
Amidst the water fights and cultural festivities this Thai New Year, one traveller and their companion will win the special opportunity to enjoy three wellness-focussed Airbnb Stays and Experiences across Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket and free domestic flights up to a maximum value of USD 1,600*.
The pair will get off the beaten path and discover the hidden sabai side to Bangkok’s bustling urban metropolis, explore Chiang Mai’s stunning mountains and ancient temples, and relax amidst Phuket’s beaches and rolling hills; all while enjoying the local culinary specialities of each city.
“The return of travel and increasing focus on physical health and mental wellbeing, especially since the pandemic, have led to a rise in wellness travel globally. Thailand makes for the perfect wellness getaway with its beautiful natural landscapes, delicious cuisine and rich cultural heritage – and not to forget its warm hospitality and traditional Thai massage. This Songkran, we are delighted to showcase the best of the country’s local offerings and hidden gems, and encourage travellers from around the world to plan their own rejuvenating Sabai Sabbatical in Thailand,” said Amanpreet Bajaj, Airbnb’s General Manager for India, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
About The Sabai Sabbatical
During their Sabai Sabbatical journey from 11 to 19 April 2023, one lucky winner from India and their guest will enjoy the following:
- 11-13 April, Bangkok: Stay at the Japanese Muji Loft, a unique designer house with Japanese influences and arts, and explore the floating market and orchard farm with the Boat Trip to Floating Markets and Orchid Farm experience.
- 14-16 April, Chiang Mai: Enjoy a peaceful stay at the Wander House, located in the middle of a forest, and enjoy a Lanna Northern Thai Cooking Experience.
- 17-19 April, Phuket: Enjoy the beauty of the hills of Chalong while staying at the Treetop Villa with a private pool, and enjoy a Phi Phi Private Longtail Day Tour from Phuket – Maya Bay experience.
Go to www.airbnb.com/sabaisabbatical-in and tell us why you deserve to win this once-in-a-lifetime wellness getaway. Entries open 10:00 India time on 15 March 2023 and close 23:59 India time on 21 March 2023. The Winner will be selected on 23 March 2023 and notified by Airbnb via email within 2 calendar days thereof. Entrants must have a verified Airbnb profile and be at least 18 years old.**
*Airbnb will provide reimbursement for domestic flight transfers from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, and from Chiang Mai to Phuket, up to a maximum value of USD800 per person, ie. USD1,600 for the winner and their companion.
**For more information, please see Official Contest Rules.