PFRDA is pleased to launch of UPI handle for depositing contributions through D-Remit for the benefit of Subscribers on 75 years of Indian Independence under the ‘Azaadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ campaign
2. At present, the Subscribers deposit their voluntary contributions under D-Remit into Tier I/II from the net banking account of the Subscribers Bank Account by using IMPS/NEFT/RTGS. Now, the contributions through UPI is enabled to further ease the process of depositing contributions. The UPI handle for the D Remit is [email protected]. It is important to note that D Remit virtual Account is different from the associated Permanent Account Number (PRAN) and it starts from either 6001 or 6002. D remit Virtual Account no is also different for Tier I & II.
3. Under D-Remit, the contributions received by the Trustee Bank (TB) before 09:30 AM shall be considered for investment on the same day. The contributions received after 09:30 AM shall be considered for investment on the next investment day as per the guidelines.
4. Return of UPI contributions into Source Bank Acct no of the Subscriber as per NPCI norms:
- Since the minimum value of contribution under D-Remit is equal to or above Rs.500/, those UPI based contributions which are below Rs 500/- shall be returned by Trustee Bank.
- Those contributions received for PRANs which are frozen/inactive would be returned by TB post receipt of confirmation from the respective Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA).
- The contributions transferred by entering any wrong virtual account number by the subscribers shall be returned as per banking norms issued by RBI.
5. Benefits of D Remit:
Same Day Investment/NAV, Facility of setting up periodical auto debit viz monthly, quarterly, half yearly etc, Option for one time or regular contribution, Ease of modifying the amount/periodicity auto debit, enable/pause Auto debit as per convenience, Optimizing the investment benefit though Standing Instructions and rupee cost averaging, long term retirement wealth creation etc.