Chennai: Cyclone Michaung has wreaked massive havoc in Chennai and motor vehicles have emerged as one of the prominent casualties. This has added to the despair of individuals and sparked apprehensions around the repair process. Having a comprehensive motor insurance policy is sure to come as a blessing in this case. It will cover for extensive repairs for the vehicle damaged in floods and help you from major financial burden.
Here is an extensive guide on navigating the stressful process with a calm mind.
Initiating a claim for vehicle damage resulting from floods follows a relatively straightforward process –→
- Promptly contact your insurance company informing about the event
- Providing evidence such as photographs or videos showcasing the extent of the damage.
- Keep essential documents such as the car’s Registration Certificate, owner-driver’s Driving License, soft copy of the Policy Document, and any relevant evidence-related documents
Following the insurance company’s assessment, the claim will undergo processing. Despite the submission of all necessary documents, there could be some unexpected reasons that result in claims getting rejected.
Few reasons that could lead to the claim reject are identification of consequential damage, for example:
- Hydrostatic lock caused by attempting to crank the engine while submerged underwater
- Not falling within the coverage period
…and damage of similar nature.
To mitigate such situations, it is advisable to invest in relevant add-ons for the insurance such as Engine Protection Cover, No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover.
In conclusion, if you stay in flood-prone areas, it is strongly advised to consider motor insurance policies and enhance coverage with the appropriate add-ons. This proactive approach ensures comprehensive protection against potential financial setbacks resulting from flood-related damages to vehicles.