June 13, 2014: Samsung at the Galaxy Premier 2014 even held in New York announced the launch of its new Tablet range- Galaxy Tab S. The biggest highlight of this new range of Tablets from Samsung is that it features Super AMOLED display which will offer richer colours, will allow devices to be slimmer and consumer less power. Samsung Galaxy Tab S would be available in two versions i.e. LTE version and WiFi only version. LTE version Samsung Galaxy Tab S is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and Wifi only version has Exyns Octa core processor. These new tabs would come in two display sizes i.e. 8.4 inch and 10.5 inch. The 8.5 inch tab will weigh 465 grams and 8.4 inch variant weighs 294 grams.
The other features of new Samsung Galaxy Tab S are:
- Android 4.4 with Samsung’s Magazine UX interface
- Super AMOLED display with 2560×1600 pixels resolution
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32GB Storage
- microSD slot
- 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
- 7,00 mAh batter for 10.5 inch variant and 4,900 mAh battery for 8.4 inch variant
- 10 hours battery life
- Finger print scanner for added security
- Rear panel textured design
- SideSync feature for mirroring Galaxy S5 screen on the tablet
Apart from these features Galaxy Tab S features S-voice, WatchOn Universal remote and also has multi user mode which allows 8 users to configure the tablet as per their requirement. Samsung Galaxy Tab S would be available in the United States from July 2014 and is priced at USD 399 onwards for 8.4 inch and USD 499 onwards for 10.5 inch. Samsung Galaxy Tab S is said to cost Rs.25,000 in India and is expected to be launched in August.