- Understanding of big data frameworks and Hadoop-based technologies
- A better understanding of the real-time processing framework (Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of SQL-based technology
- Knowledge in NoSQL-based technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- The expertise of at least one programming language (Java/Python/R)
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, and QlikSense
Top institutes that offer the program:
- Pepperdine University, United States-> Masters in Data Analytics.
- Jacob University, Germany-> M.Sc. in Data Engineering.
- Escca School of Management, Paris-> Masters of Science and Big Data for Value.
Top recruiters for this position:
Deloitte is a global leader in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advising and tax services, etc. Since this information exists as data, data engineers are responsible for maintaining the organization’s entire data ecosystem, including everything from data sources and databases to data storage solutions.
Capgemini is a consulting, technology services, and digital transformation firm that uses data to define the database’s end and then formulates the business’s data strategy, including data quality standards, data flow across the organization, and data security.
- Fractal Analytics:
Fractal Analytics has established itself as one of the country’s leading analytics service providers. Several Fortune 500 companies from industries such as retail, insurance, and technology are among the company’s global clients. It has multiple branches across India that are hiring new employees.
Amazon is one of the largest e-commerce firms worldwide and one of the top data recruiters in the world. Amazon is a data powerhouse, and to grasp the volume of data, it needs Bigdata engineers for its core operations, like marketing automation, shipping and inventory management, sales forecasting and HR analytics.
- Bank of America:
Bank of America is a multinational American bank that employs data architects to create complex computer database systems that are accessible, helpful, and secure the bank’s operations and data by first identifying the business requirement and then investigating the current data structure.
Average annual salary (in US dollars): $87,321
Roles and responsibilities:
Big data developers are in charge of the coding or programming of Hadoop applications. They could work on trillions of bytes of data every day using several programming languages such as Java, C++, Ruby, with many databases.