Instagram has announced the launch of new messaging features, which include the ability to share music previews, send a message silently, see who’s online to chat, and many more.
This announcement is done to improve the ongoing work of Instagram and to improve how people connect and share on the platform. The company is investing in the messaging features of Instagram to help the users to connect with their friends by having more fun.
To browse and chat at the right time: A new feature that helps people to share, chat and respond
• Browsing and replying at the same time: Are you receiving a new message while browsing a feed? Now you can reply to your messages without going to your inbox so that you won’t lose the feed. This new feature makes it more convenient and easier to chat while on the app.
• Send quickly to friends: We just want to help people reshare interesting content without interrupting their Instagram experience. You can effortlessly reshare posts to your closest friends by tapping and holding the share button.
• Want to know who’s online: You will be able to see who’s online by looking at the top of your inbox. What are the new experiences in your message threads? You can customize you’re messaging along with your friends using these new features:
• Just play, pause, and re-play: It has been enabled by integrating with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify. You will be able to share a 30-second preview of that song, which you just can’t get out of your head, and your friends will be able to listen to this song directly from your chat.
• Send messages quietly: You can send messages without notifying friends late at night or when they’re busy just by adding “@silent” in your message. Now you will be able to reach out without sending any unwanted notifications.
• Keep it on the lo-fi: Are you feeling the chill? Then just try the new lo-fi chat theme to make your conversations feel more personal.
• Create a poll with your squad: Planning to go out for dinner or a place to meet up? Then this group chat feature is for you so that you can create a poll directly in your group chat. These features are available in selected countries, with plans to expand globally.