#CHENNAI’S NEW HEALTHCARE LANDMARK
Chennai, 01 December 2023: Neuberg Diagnostics, a leading diagnostic healthcare chain with a strong presence across India, South Africa, UAE, and the USA, has unveiled its state-of-the-art national reference laboratory which houses Genomics, Transplant Immunology, Molecular Diagnostics, Proteomics and Metabolomics testing along with integrated diagnostics in Chennai. This cutting-edge facility, hailed as “Chennai’s new Healthcare landmark,” represents India’s First state-of-the-art total lab automation solution utilizing the Abbott GLP System, alongside the innovative WOW (Wellness on Wheels) concept.
Neuberg Diagnostics launched its national reference laboratory operations with the inauguration of its Headquarters in Chennai, in the presence of Mr. Udhayanidhi Stalin, Minister of Youth Welfare and Sports Development of Tamil Nadu, Mr. T.R.B Rajaa, Minister of Industries of Tamil Nadu, Mr. Ma. Subramanian, Minister for Health and Family Welfare of Tamil Nadu, Dr. GSK Velu, Chairman and Managing Director of Neuberg Diagnostics, Dr. Sandeep Shah, Joint Managing Director Neuberg Diagnostics and Mr. A Ganesan, Vice Chairman Neuberg Diagnostics.
Dr. GSK Velu, Chairman and Managing Director of Neuberg Diagnostics, expressed his vision for the new facility, stating, “The launch of Neuberg’s state-of-the-art national reference laboratory and wellness center in Chennai is a witness to our promise to advancing integrated diagnostic healthcare in India. With cutting-edge technology like the Abbott GLP System, we are setting new benchmarks in efficiency and precision. This facility not only marks a milestone for Neuberg Diagnostics but also reinforces our dedication to providing world-class healthcare solutions to the people of Chennai and the entire south India. The center will also be equipped with CT and MRI in the coming months and Neuberg Diagnostics will also bring PET scan facility in Chennai soon “
Headquarters spanning over 50,000 square feet at OMR, includes the new National Reference Laboratory, Jeenomics Laboratory, Wellness Centre and Corporate office. The new high-end lab offers an extensive array of over 6000 routine and specialized tests and can process a remarkable number of 10000 test samples per day across pathology, microbiology, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and molecular biology, specializations, making it one of the largest clinical laboratory infrastructures in India ensuring efficiency and accuracy in diagnostic processes. The modern wellness center is focused on preventive wellness and is fully equipped with X-ray, ECG, Sonography, TMT, Echo, Mammography, Bone Densitometry, Eye Check, Audiometry, Spirometry etc.
Mr. A Ganesan, Vice Chairman of Neuberg Diagnostics, stated “Neuberg Diagnostics network of labs is renowned for its commitment to best-in-class quality assurance and customer satisfaction at affordable cost. All our labs are equipped with best-in-class technology and fully automated systems that track end-to-end sample movement from collection to reporting, eliminating pre-analytical errors. The laboratory is led by a highly experienced team of pathologists, microbiologists, biochemists, and molecular scientists, supported by technologists and an existing network of phlebotomists for home sample collection.”
Key features of the fully automated National Reference Laboratory include:
- GLP Track System: A fully automated system that manages sample loading, decapping, sample transfer, processing, reruns, and results through AMS.
- Abbott Allinity: A fully automated and integrated Chemistry and Immunoassay analyzer with a maximum throughput of 1550 tests/hour, based on Chemiluminescence methodology and integrated with the track system.
- Beckmann Flow Cytometer: This system offers performance, compact design, and streamlined installation and operation. It is instrumental in specialized testing of CD4/CD8 counts, HLA B27, Leukemia and Lymphoma panels, and more.
- Genexpert: Used for molecular drug susceptibility testing, providing accurate and fast results for drug-resistant TB.
- Biofire Film Array System: Integrated sample preparation, amplification, detection, and analysis using multiplex PCR technology for comprehensive testing.
- Urised from 77 Elektronica: A professional automated urine sediment analyzer with a revolutionary optical system combining bright-field and phase contrast microscopy.
- Fully automated molecular diagnostic laboratory.
- Lab system fully automated newborn screening system.
Additionally, Jeenomics, a center of excellence division within Neuberg Diagnostics, specializes in transplant immunology using Whole gene sequencing of HLA by Illumina Next-Gen Sequencing system (NGS) for clinical samples and adult stem cell registry samples. This division ensures high-resolution HLA matching critical for the success of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.
Jeenomics performs cross-matching between patients and donors awaiting solid organ transplants using gold standard CDC assay and Flow cytometry cross-match. HLA antibodies in patients are determined by Panel Reactive antibodies and Single Antigen Bead Assay. It is accredited to ISO 15189-2012 standards by NABL and is the first lab in Asia to receive accreditation from the European Federation for Immunogenetics (EFI). All these state-of-the-art technologies are offered under one roof at an affordable price with accurate results.