Vaccination rate hits a new record in India

0
171

The centre has said that they will be acquiring 75 per cent of vaccine from official vaccine makers and the rest 25 per cent will be acquired from other private sectors. There will be a total of more than 82.70 lakh doses which are administered at 67,839 vaccine centres across India.

From Day 1 onwards there was an increase of 82 lakh Covid-19 vaccines, which were administered in the new phase of vaccination. The government had increased the scope of vaccination by giving free vaccines to all. As per the estimate, the government will be able to procure 75 crore doses of Covishield and 55 crore doses of Covaxin between August and December. They ordered 44 crore doses of Covishield and Covaxin at the beginning of June. It is expected that another 25 crore doses of Covishield from Serum Institute of India and 19 crore doses of Covaxin from Bharat Biotech will be arriving soon. The average number of shots administered last week was 22,000 but earlier it was around 30,000 doses. A total of 29.10 crore doses of vaccines was provided to the states and UTs.The country’s vaccination tally crossed the 28 crore mark on Sunday with nearly 2.11 crore people over the age of 60 and 1.27 crore people at the age group between 45 and 59 were fully vaccinated. Both doses were taken by 12.63 lakh people for an age group between18 to 44. They administered a total of 24.62 crores of Covishield vaccine doses and a total of 3.38 crore of Covaxin doses.

The total number of fresh Covid-19 cases fell by 53,256 on Monday, the lowest since 88 days. There was a sudden decrease in the daily positivity rate which stood at 3.83 per cent for 14 consecutive days. The centre expects that there will be an increase in the vaccination numbers due to the advanced visibility of vaccine supply. According to the new guidelines, the states will have complete knowledge about the number of doses that will be made available by the Centre and the states will have to put this information’s in the public domain at the level of the districts vaccination centre, and disseminate it widely.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here