ICICI Bank has announced a collaboration with Google which is an American multinational technology company, which will allow users to issue FASTag using Google Pay. At present Google Pay users could recharge their FASTag on the application, but purchasing one directly from the Google application was not possible. The new tie-up will now allow users to easily order, track, and recharge ICICI Bank FASTags from the application itself. The government has made Jan 1, 2021, the new date for adding FASTags to vehicles and it is mandatory.
With this announcement, ICICI Bank becomes the first bank to join hands with Google Pay for the issuance of FASTag. It will also add competition for Paytm, which currently issues FASTags from the Paytm application as well and it was quite a popular choice for many customers.
According to Sudipta Roy, Head- Unsecured Assets, ICICI Bank, the increased adoption of digital payments in everyone’s life, we believe that this partnership with Google will help Google Pay users to apply for a new FASTag and get it delivered at zero cost at their doorstep. The partnership gains importance during the widespread pandemic as this lets any Google Pay user to order and receive FASTag in a seamless and contact-less manner.
FASTag is an electronic toll collection system to collect tax, operated by the national highway authority of India. FASTag allows people to drive through the FASTag lanes without stopping to pay the toll taxes as charges are deducted from the bank account. Users can simply recharge their FASTag and pass-through toll plazas without wasting their time.
Step for buying a FASTag from Google Pay using the ICICI Bank as an option
1. Open the Google Pay application.
2. Under businesses tap on ICICI Bank FASTag.
3. Click on the buy new FASTag option.
4. Enter your permanent account number, card details, registration certificate copy, vehicle number, and address details.
5. Verify your mobile number through a one-time password.
6. Then go for a payment.
7. Once the payment is done order gets placed. The FASTag will be delivered to your home, and you can then stick it in your car. Recharge it from them when the application traveling outside the city.