TAM AdEx: Laptops/Notebooks’ digital ads, TV ads in Jan-Aug’21

0
249

According to TAM AdEx’s review of the Laptops/ Notebooks category advertising across TV, Print, Radio, and Digital, the Digital medium witnessed the biggest growth in ad volumes during Jan-Aug’21, with a 60 % increase, followed by the Radio medium with a 40 % increase. On digital, the top advertiser and brands were Dell Computer Corporation and Dell Vostro 14 5000 Series, respectively.

Digital

In the Laptops/ Notebooks category, ad insertions climbed by 60% in the digital media from January to August 21 (until August 24) compared to January to August 20.

Dell Computer Corporation was the top advertiser in the Laptops/ Notebooks category in Digital from January to August of this year, with 79 % of the ad insertions. Lenovo was a distant second with a 6% share of the ad insertions. Dell Computer Corporation owned nine of the top ten brands, with Dell Vostro 14 5000 Series.

Radio

When comparing Jan-Aug’21 to Jan-Aug’20, advertising for laptops/notebooks increased by 40%. Apple Computer India led the list of marketers, accounting for 80% of all radio ad volumes between January and August of this year.

With a 23 % portion of the ad volumes, Delhi came out on top, followed by Maharashtra with a 21 % share. In the Laptops/ Notebooks category, the top two states accounted for more than 40% of the ad pie.

Television

On the other hand, ad volumes in the Laptops/ Notebooks category on television decreased by 4% from January to August of this year to January to August of last year. During the months of January to August of this year, just two advertisers advertised under the category, with Lenovo taking the lead with a 52 % share. During this time, Hewlett Packard India was the other advertiser, with a 48 % stake. Lenovo Yoga was the most popular brand of this year, accounting for 52 % of all TV ad volume. With a share of 27%, HP Envy came in second.

Print

In the print media, ad space for the Laptops/Notebooks category increased by 18% from January to August of this year compared to January to August of last year. Hewlett Packard India and Asustek Computer were the top two advertisers in the Laptops/Notebooks category in January-August of this year, accounting for more than 65 % of the ad space. With 17 % of the ad space, HP Laptop was the most popular brand, followed by HP EliteBook 840 G7 with 16 %. The Top 10 Brands included three Asus brands, two HP brands, and two Apple brands.

During the period of January to August of this year, English dominated with an 83 % share of the Laptops/Notebooks ad space, followed by Hindi with only a 5% share. Together, the Top 5 Publication languages accounted for 97 % of the category’s ad space. With 71 % of the print ad space, the General Interest periodical genre reigned supreme.

 Follow and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here