Data analytics is the process of analyzing large amounts of data to find patterns and trends and draw useful conclusions. It enables businesses to derive insights from real-time and historical data to aid decision-making. Modern technology and techniques are required for data analytics.
Data analytics includes business intelligence, reporting, and data visualization. These factors combine to assist businesses in adopting a data-driven approach and streamlining business processes. Microsoft’s Power BI is one of the most well-known business intelligence products on the market.
Power BI is used by several SMEs and large corporations around the world to connect, model, visualize, and exchange data. You can either hire Power BI experts or rely on consulting businesses’ offshore Power BI services.
Power BI, according to Microsoft, is a powerful tool for bridging the gap between data and decision-making. It offers some features that assist you in extracting the true worth of data and understanding it so that you can make the best business decisions possible.
Data Visualization is one of Power BI’s most impressive features. It comes with a variety of pre-built visualizations and allows you to add more custom visualizations to deliver real-time data reports in a visually appealing manner. You can exhibit the obtained insights in any format, including graphs, charts, pies, and heat maps.
Types of Power BI
Power BI is a package of several products and services. These can be used individually and together to attain the expected results for the organization. You can understand how Power BI works by reading the beginner guides.
- Power BI Desktop: This is a free self-servicing tool that can connect to 70+ in-house and cloud data sources. It helps analyze data and generate reports.
- Power BI Service: This service is a cloud-based service hosted on Microsoft’s cloud platform to allow employees to access dashboards and reports through different devices (browser, mobile, etc.).
- Power BI Pro: This is a paid cloud-based service with additional features that facilitate collaboration between teams. It allows easy sharing of data reports and can embed the data visuals into Power BI apps.
- Power BI Premium: This is not an application. It is a service that allows you to share the reports in the cloud with people from outside the enterprise. It brings flexibility and scalability to the app, making it possible for an organization of any volume to adopt Power BI with ease.
- Power BI Mobile: This can be used on smartphones with Android, iOS, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Power BI Report Server: This is used to access the reports created using the desktop or the Pro version. It is an on-premises report server that allows your employees to access reports from any device and location. It is beneficial if you have limited storage capacity on the cloud or external data centers.
- Power BI Embedded: This is for developers to embed Power BI to other software and application used within the enterprise.
Power BI gives you a complete picture of your business KPIs. It enables you to efficiently address data difficulties in the company and to adopt a data-driven approach to become a market leader. To unlock the potential of Microsoft Power BI and transform your organization, hire Power BI consulting services from reputable business intelligence companies.