Industries across the world are heading towards automation. Automation technologies are advancing businesses to improved safety and productivity, reduced errors and waste, and enhancing the quality of their business operations. Of these, Robotic Process Automation widely known as RPA is the most adopted automation technologies in various industries. Robotic Process Automation is an automation technology that uses software with AI and Machine Learning capabilities to handle large and repetitive manual tasks. RPA finds its applications across various sectors such as:
- Sales and Marketing: RPA can automate sales orders from entering the sales orders until the generation of respective invoices. It can process the invoices and consolidate them into a single large database, process different levels of decision making, and check for errors in the process. RPA also helps in storing and accessing customer information which makes it easier for the marketing purpose.
- Customer Relationship Management: An accurate customer information database is crucial for businesses to retain their customer relationship. CRM database is a cross-functional tool in organizations and is much prone to errors. Automating CRM systems with RPA makes the customer relationship management easy for organizations making it less prone to errors.
- Human Resources: RPA software can gather and review resumes and profiles of the candidates and assess those with the job requirements to create a shortlist. Also once a candidate is shortlisted, RPA software can use the information to create a personalized offer letter and begin the process of onboarding.
- Banking: The customer service teams find it difficult to answer all the customer queries within time. But, RPA helps in solving the low priority queries, enabling the customer service team to focus on high priority areas that require human intelligence. RPA is also enabling banks to adhere to the compliance rules improving the quality in the process, improves employee satisfaction through the elimination of repetitive tasks, and speeds up the dispatching of the credit cards.
- Retail: Automation using RPA helps to manage the workforce and other HR activities more productively from assigning shifts, assessing the performance of the employee, sales auditing to measuring attendance, etc. The biggest benefit is that repetitive tasks can be done using RPA without much human effort.
- Healthcare: In the health care industry, RPA helps in streamlining front office support which efficiently handles patients’ queries. This provides better cost management and reduction in errors. RPA provides significant savings that can be reinvested, thus providing the opportunity for better health care.